The Teacher Center of Central Westchester
Free Learning Opportunities March – April
Engaging Students in Project-Based Learning – Bring STEM Back to the 5- 12 Classroom
March 10, 2021: 4:00 pm -6:00 pm Participants will be provided tools to tailor The Balloon Car Project. As a group, we will discuss grade-appropriate vocabulary and concepts to elevate the project into a truly interdisciplinary experience. Participants will have access to a video that demonstrates basic STEAM concepts and how to assemble & test your BALLOON CAR. Register on MLP to participate in this engaging, fun, interactive workshop.
Register here for Engaging Students in Project-Based Learning
Apply to Attend a Conference this Spring
The Teacher Center of Central Westchester would like to sponsor educators from our member districts the opportunity to attend a virtual conference. Please review these virtual offerings and contact TCCW if you are interested.
National Science Teaching Association
Virtual Conference April 12, 2021- May 8, 2021
April 12th to May 8th
- A weekly look at the “State of Science Education” with messages from thought leaders and policymakers
- Virtual hands-on workshops (materials will be identified by presenters in advance to encourage audience participation)
- Speed-sharing chats
- Featured panels
- Dynamic concurrent sessions
- Networking and social activities, including happy hours, designed to foster community and create lasting experiences.
* Includes a one-year NSTA Digital Membership
Association for Supervision and Curriculum
Virtual Conference June 23, 2021-June 25,2021ASCD empowers educators to achieve excellence in learning, teaching, and leading, so that every child is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged. Founded in 1943, ASCD (formerly the Association for Supervision and Curriculum.
Book Study: Connecting with Students Online: Strategies for Remote