Professional and Curriculum Development awards are given annually to individual teachers or teams of teachers within the Teacher Center consortium through a competitive process based on the ratings of submitted applications. The maximum amount for each award is $500.00 and dependent upon continuation of Teacher Center funding.
* All conference requests must be approve by the Policy Board.
The goals of this program are:
- to support projects that focus on the implementation of NYS Learning Standards and Assessments;
- to support projects involving curriculum areas for grades K-12 in pursuit of replicable improvements in education that are researched and standards-based;
- to stimulate creative solutions to specific local problems and to encourage fresh approaches to teaching; and
- to enable individuals or groups to obtain funds to test, study, develop and implement standards-based practices that address educational needs and improve student achievement.
Eligibility extends to teachers of all grade levels in the public schools of the consortium.
Expenditures incurred during the operation of this project will be paid by the public school district where the project is located, and the Teacher Center will reimburse the district in one payment at the end of the school year. Records of purchase orders and payments must be kept by the district. BUDGET ITEMS MUST BE SUPPORTED BY THE PROPOSAL NARRATIVE AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH LOCAL REGULATIONS.